Hearing aid accessories aren’t actually “bling” for your hearing aids—they’re items that extend the functionality, comfort and lifespan of your hearing aids and make you sound experience richer, longer-lasting and more rewarding. There are several styles of hearing aids and each brand has some of its own accessories. On the other hand, some accessories can cross over between different brands. Because we have an extensive network of audiologists across central Ohio, we have access to all types of hearing aids and hearing aid accessories, so you have a great choice and the ability to find what works best for you. Our expert team of audiologists can help you find the right hearing aids and hearing aid accessories to make your life easier and full of sound again.
Hearing Aid Accessories: The Basics
During your hearing aid fittings, our audiologists will help you figure out what accessories you really need while also helping you avoid spending money on what you don’t need. Generally speaking, the following hearing aid accessories are the most common things people use:
- Batteries: You will definitely need these. A growing number of hearing aid models come with rechargeable batteries that will also come with a charger, but many still run on disposable batteries. We’ll help you get the right batteries for your hearing aids.
- Streamers: No, we aren’t talking about party streamers; these streamers are devices that enable real time audio streaming from mobile phones, computers, MP3 players, TVs, etc. Streamers can even work with Bluetooth©-enabled devices or devices with audio-out/mic jacks. They actually pipe the desired sound right into your hearing aids for amazing sound quality.
- Ear Wax Remover: Everybody produces ear wax at different rates, and some people produce quite a bit. There are various ear wax remover solutions solutions that help dissolve ear wax so it doesn’t clog the hearing aids.
- EarGene: Learning to wear hearing aids can be challenging at first if you aren’t used to wearing them. This is a lotion that helps refresh and soothe your ears so the process is more comfortable. It also relieves itching and improves ear hygiene, which is especially important for hearing aid users.
- Dehumidifiers for Hearing Aids: You might also have heard the name “dry spot” attached to hearing aid dehumidifiers. Because hearing aids are made of sensitive electronic components that, although they are encased and protected, can still be vulnerable in humid climates or other moist environments. There several different types of hearing aid dehumidifiers, some of which even keep them sanitized as well. Many brands of hearing aids come with a dehumidifier recommended for that particular set of hearing aids.
- Picks, Guards, Wax Brushes: It’s important to keep your hearing aids clean. These accessories help you remove ear wax from these sensitive components to keep them working at optimum levels.
These are a few of the hearing aid accessories you might need, depending on the brand and style of hearing aids you choose. And to make it easier, many sets of hearing aids actually come with some of these accessories in the kit already. Some other items that hearing aid users might find useful also include telephone pads, telephones specifically designed to use with hearing assistive devices and more. We even carry Bluetooth© enabled hearing aids with mobile devices that enable you to get a whole lot more out of your sound environment than you ever thought possible.
Talk with Our Audiologists Today
Our audiologists understand that your needs in hearing aids and their accessories will be very individual. It is important to us that you are completely satisfied with your hearing aids, their accessories, and particularly our service in helping you find what you need. Most of our hearing aids come with a 30-day trial period so that you can be absolutely sure you’re getting the best fit for your lifestyle and hearing needs. Please give us a call today to schedule an appointment at one of our 6 convenient locations: 888-638-5095. We look forward to hearing from you!